Friday, August 12, 2011

Spinach Alfredo Pizza


I created this for the challenge at Double Take. The ingredients for this time were Spinach and Cheese.  I just happened to have some fancy pizza dough in my house I have been meaning to use that is yeast free ( I used a Great Value brand, but it also comes in that Pillsbury brand I have mentioned before that is leavened with Glucono Delta Lactone and Baking Soda), so a delicious white pizza sounded great.  If the fancy strikes you, you can butter the crust when it comes out of the oven and sprinkle it with parmesan.




One tube of Yeast Free Pizza Dough
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
5-6 slice muenster cheese
1/2 cup fancy shredded Italian blend cheese

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil or parchment paper.
Place the raw pizza dough on the prepared baking sheet, flatten out and set aside.
In a small sauce pan, heat the cream over medium heat. Do not let it boil.
When it is verging on boiling, add the parmesan cheese and stir to let it melt.  
Add drained spinach and stir to mix well.
Spread sauce onto pizza dough evenly.
Top with muenster cheese and Italian blend.
Bake for 18-22 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. This looks AMAZING. I'm off cheese right now, but once I am not. I am making a date with this recipe and my pizza stone. Congratulations on being a genius.

    ReplyDelete