Monday, January 10, 2011

Product Recommendation- Mini Croccantini

Made by La Panzanella (http://www.lapanzanella.com/), I first found these delicious gourmet unleavened crackers while visiting in Spokane, WA.  I bought the large size croccantini and carefully portioned them to make them last until my next visit, though they didn't quite make it.

I was thrilled to find them in the deli area of our Super Walmart in their mini version. They cost $3.98, which is slightly expensive for crackers, but they really are convenient and delicious.  I use them for all sorts of mini open face sandwiches, from smoked turkey, bacon, and cheddar, to brie and fruit.


I've also found their large rosemary croccantini at Costco for about 8 dollars for 3 packages.  All the varieties I have tried are wonderful, and as an added bonus, they can be ground to use as breadcrumbs for meatballs and meatloafs, as well as for coating chicken or pork for pan frying or baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment